The Late Night Gamer is looking to expand! We’re looking for people who love video games, technology and the internet so much that they’re willing to physically abuse their keyboards to show it.
What we’re looking for.
Writers are expected to publish an article 2-4 times a month. There’s no required article length, but it should be a decent-sized piece that makes a complete point. Articles on The Late Night Gamer are opinion-based and deal mostly in video games, the internet, technology and the social implications that come with all of them.
Our ideal writer would have a great sense of humor and a lot of unique things to say. That’s right, we want to hear what’s on YOUR mind. The site is mostly editorials and opinion pieces, but we also welcome previews, reviews, retrospectives and more.
What’s in it for you?
I’m sorry, but The Late Night Gamer is a small site with virtually no ad revenue, so we’re unable to pay our writers. This is a volunteer position. I know it sucks but unlike other sites, we here at The Late Night Gamer fully acknowledge that by writing here, you are doing us a huge service–not the other way around. However, that doesn’t mean that you get nothing out of the deal. Here are some benefits you’ll get:
- A writing platform where your work will be front and center, instead of being lost in a feed of a thousand other bloggers
- Very helpful feedback on your articles to improve your writing
- Advice on things such as getting review copies of materials and pitching articles to publications
- A chance to become proficient in WordPress, which is a marketable skill that you can put on your resume
- Experience in writing and a chance to build your portfolio with published works.
- An @TheLateNightGamer.com email address. When contacting industry folk, having a domain’s email address automatically gives you a boost in credibility compared to using a freely-hosted address like Gmail.
- Access to The Late Night Gamer’s press inbox, which gives you access to a large number of press releases and gaming news in order to give you inspiration whenever you’re having trouble thinking about what you want to write about.
How to apply.
Send an email to with the following information
- Your full name
- Your online handle (optional)
- A short paragraph introducing yourself
- List of gaming platforms you own
- List of publications/sites/blogs you have written for (not a problem if you don’t have any)
- Three writing samples (through links or attachments).
- How many articles a month you’re willing to write
- Your Skype account name
Want to be part of the site but aren’t a writer? We also welcome video producers (vloggers, let’s players, and more), podcasters and comic artists who are interested in having a site for their content to be published. Apply the same way as above and send relevant samples.